Terms and conditions – Steve Finch Photography & Business Development Services
www.SteveFinchPhotography.co.uk | www.stevefinch.me | www.CommercialPhotographyNorth.co.uk | www.SteveFinch.me.uk | www.Photo-Explorer.co.uk | www.DoItInTheDales.co.uk
Commercial Photography North is a trading name for Stephen J Finch – © 2016
All of the descriptions of the goods and services within this site are accurate to the best of our knowledge. We will correct any errors as soon as we are aware of them.
All copyright in images is the property of the photographer, who is Stephen J Finch unless specifically stated otherwise (the copyright owner). Clients are provided with a license to use the images as agreed with the client – this may be unrestricted or limited in scope.
No rights are conferred in the purchase of a print. You must not use, copy, modify or share these images in any manner. For any commercial enquiries, please contact me.
Where photographs are taken for clients which include people or property, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure all permissions are obtained for the relevant use of those images. We can provide advice and release forms for your use.
In instances where we agree to seek those permissions that will be agreed in advance.
We endeavor to dispatch orders within 7 days, often within 24 hours. Where my photo-shoot commitments may affect delivery times, a note will be shown on the website and your order confirmation.
We always produce images with corrected white balance and calibrate our monitors to display correct white balance.
The colour settings (white balance) and the type of the computer monitor that you use to view your image may have an influence on the perception of how your image should look. You should be aware that images viewed in the majority of web browsers are not colour accurate, and that images or prints may look slightly different on your equipment. As we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any 3rd party monitor, we will not accept colour reproduction as a valid reason for return but will always work to provide adjustments which meet your requirements.
Damaged items will be exchanged free of charge.
We reserve the right to charge for re-posting returned orders, which have been especially produced to meet your personal requirements.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check for any damage that may have occurred during transit. Damage should be notified to us within 24 hours of delivery, so that we can claim compensation from the courier company on your behalf, and reprint the print for you.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Accounting and contract information required to manage the business
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for accounting and business purposes.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
In relation to all marketing purposes we will only contact people who have specifically confirmed that they are happy to receive information from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
All card payment information is collected by and managed by PayPal or Wave accounting. We do not directly collect or handle this information ourselves.
As with most websites, cookies are used in the following manner. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
Links to other web sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists by selecting the unsubscribe link on any automated news or information we send to you, or you can contact us at any time requesting to be removed from our Mailing List.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are compelled to do so by law for accounting purposes.
Workshop & Training Terms & Conditions
1. A non-refundable booking-fee of £50 may requested within 7 days of the invoice being issued to secure the date.
2. The remaining balance is due as stated when booking the workshop or training session.
3. If a workshop is cancelled by the participant more than 7 days of the workshop:
a) You will be offered to attend another workshop on a different date.
b) If requested a refund will be provided.
5. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) reserves the right to cancel any workshop or training session due to a number of factors. Please see below:
a) If the weather unfavourable and both parties agree that the workshop should not go ahead or be rearranged.
b) In circumstances such as extreme weather, illness or emergencies. In these instances I endeavour to provide as much notice as possible and you will be given the choice to either re-book your training session or to receive a full refund.
7. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) aim to provide the most enjoyable and successful session possible given the weather conditions. However, I take no responsibility for the weather as it is outside of my control. We will always seek to find alternative locations to suit the conditions where necessary.
8. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) does not accept responsibility for any extra expenses incurred due to cancellations. Including, but not limited to hotels, train tickets, fuel etc.
9. It is a term of the contract between us that you are advised to obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop or training session. The insurance should cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
10. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
11. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission by Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) (while acting in the course of employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) does not provide outdoor activity training or advice; where training involves an activity such as hill walking Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) undertake this as a mutual participation activity for which both parties should be experienced and competent.
12. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate insurance for personal belongings such as camera equipment, money and personal effects. These are not covered by my insurance on the day and you should seek your own personal insurance for these. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) will not accept responsibility for such items.
13. Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) reserve the right to change the itinerary at any point due to the influence of the weather and ground conditions. Any changes will be advised with as much notice as possible. If the changes are due to safety, then Steve Finch (Photo-Explorer.uk) will seek to change the date of the workshop.
14. I reserve the right to cancel any workshop if I perceive the client to be unsafe through fault of their own.
15. By paying a booking fee or paying for a training session or workshop in full, you are accepting these terms and conditions and form a legally binding contract. If you are purchasing on behalf of a third party, you are accepting the terms & conditions on their behalf.
16. Any challenges to these terms & conditions are subject to English Law and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.